October 9, 2015 by Polarn O. Pyret
Come out and play.
Three, two, one, lift off… noone can stop our autumn galaxy astronauts. Join in the fun.
What you need to make a rocket:
1. Draw your rocket on one half of the paper.
2. Fold the paper in half with your rocket on the outside.
3. Cut out the rocket from the folded paper so you now have two identical rockets.
4. Cut out a strip of paper (approx 6 x 1 inches) from the center fold.
5. Tape both sides of the strip but leave one end open.
6. Insert a pen into the opening of the strip to hold its shape for the next step.
7. Apply glue to the back of your colored in rockets.
8. Place the taped strip on one of the rockets leaving about ½ an inch sticking out below the bottom edge.
9. Glue the other rocket on top. Feed the straw into the opening and then blow your rocket into orbit!