December 22, 2016 by Polarn O. Pyret
Christmas will soon be here and making things together is great fun. Creative Karin shares one of her craft projects for kids with us – Owlish Bird Feeder.
A milk carton
Paintbrush and cotton buds
Long needle and twine
What to do:
- Glue the opening of the carton together.
- Paint the carton with white hobby paint – this makes it easier to paint on other colours afterwards. Allow the paint to dry.
- Draw two wings on the sides and an opening on the owl’s tummy.
- Carefully cut out the wings and the opening on the owl’s tummy with small scissors.
- Paint the whole carton whatever colour you like.
- Give your owl spots using a cotton bud. This makes it easier to get lovely round spots.
- Paint the owl’s eyes with a cotton bud and its beak with a paintbrush.
- Now your owl is almost ready! It just needs some twine at the top so you can hang it up. Use a long needle to thread twine through the owl’s top flap.
- Tie a knot in the twine.
- Give the birds a place to sit by pushing a barbecue stick through the whole carton.
- Fill the owl with bird seed or some other treat the birds will love.
- Now your bird feeder is ready to hang outside or wrap up as a Christmas present! (In that case, put the bird seed in a little bag alongside).
Category Crafts | Tags: